disorder2order blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Would you be mad if I used the F word?

Do you ever get over one of those humps and feel like... "Oh, Dear God... why did it take me so long to get here..." 

Well, I'm having one of those kind of weeks. I've given my website and blog a face lift. New updates and a fresh look! You would think "no big deal..." Well, actually, it's a very big deal (for me that is).


It's one of those things that you sit on, ponder, wonder, consider, research and add to your to-do list... all the while, not getting it done. Well, it's done (almost). It's not perfect, but it's up. With everything... work in progress. 

Finding the traction to get over that hump is such a hard thing to put into words. If you've ever struggled with "the hump" you know what I mean. It's not that we aren't capable. It's not that we are incompetent

It's that f*** word... Fear

#fearnoshame! Prince Harry has recently opened up doors for people to share there fear in hopes to raise awareness... read more here

Fear is one of those things that can stop you in our tracks. It' takes any form of progress or motion and little puts it into a frozen state (kind of like Gru in Despicable Me). It's not that we don't "want" to move... but the fear takes hold.


So, how did I get over it you ask? Well, it's been a process. I have spent more hours than I care to admit being afraid of that next step - and this is why...

1. Learning Curve.
2. Not Enough Time.
3. Judgement of Others.
4. Making a Mistake.

Do any of these things sound familiar? I think we can apply these fears to just about anything. Right?! It's not just about getting things done - it's about overcoming that stupid fear. 

Hopefully, you can see by putting it (aka me) out there... telling you about it... I'm slowly overcoming... I have to be honest... it feels good. 


It doesn't feel perfect, but it feels good to know that I'm past a few of those fears. I took the time to address each fear and... done! 

Thanks Harry... for putting it out there! It's kind of nice knowing we have something in common! #fearnoshame

Do you have a fear?