For me, it's a opportunity to reflect on the many blessings in my life, a time to reflect on the many things that I have had the opportunity to enjoy...
Taking time, even just a minute, each day to think about my blessings serves as a reminder to so many things. We use reminders everyday... that tiny voice in our head reminding us to make a phone call, a sticky note on the fridge to remember the milk. Reminders, are a great way to getting things done and be a little more organized.
As I get older, I'm 'reminded' that I struggle more with remembering things. My memory isn't as good as it used to be; and if I don't offer myself help or use a support system - then I just won't remember. Although I'm an organizer I still have to work just as hard as you do to keep it all together...
Here are 5 things you can try to help you with reminders:
- Pen and paper (personally I like a post-it's) is what I enjoy for remembering a task
- Calendar alarms/reminders in you mobile device or tablet
- Apps are a current trend: Remember the milk, Springpad and for all the Google fans Google + task lists are just a few I have used
- Family calendars (Cozi online or check out etsy ideas) can be a central system within your home to organize your thoughts and/or tasks
- Voice mail or text messages are a wonderful way to be reminded of specific things
I find that when I remember to do something (and it actually gets done), I have a sense of accomplishment and gratitude. Today, I am grateful for remembering to do my blog post... they go together like peas and carrots.
"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting." - Author Unknown