disorder2order blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why reminders and gratitude are like peas and carrots...

If you follow me on Facebook, you will notice that I'm 'trying' to post each day something that I am grateful for. 

For me, it's a opportunity to reflect on the many blessings in my life, a time to reflect on the many things that I have had the opportunity to enjoy...

Taking time, even just a minute, each day to think about my blessings serves as a reminder to so many things. We use reminders everyday... that tiny voice in our head reminding us to make a phone call, a sticky note on the fridge to remember the milk. Reminders, are a great way to getting things done and be a little more organized.

As I get older, I'm 'reminded' that I struggle more with remembering things. My memory isn't as good as it used to be; and if I don't offer myself help or use a support system - then I just won't remember.  Although I'm an organizer I still have to work just as hard as you do to keep it all together...

Here are 5 things you can try to help you with reminders:
  1. Pen and paper (personally I like a post-it's) is what I enjoy for remembering a task
  2. Calendar alarms/reminders in you mobile device or tablet
  3. Apps are a current trend: Remember the milk, Springpad and for all the Google fans Google + task lists are just a few I have used
  4. Family calendars (Cozi online or check out etsy ideas) can be a central system within your home to organize your thoughts and/or tasks
  5. Voice mail or text messages are a wonderful way to be reminded of specific things
If we don't remember, we don't know what we forgot. 

I find that when I remember to do something (and it actually gets done), I have a sense of accomplishment and gratitude. Today, I am grateful for remembering to do my blog post... they go together like peas and carrots.

 

"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting." - Author Unknown

*Photo found on The Modern Nomad