disorder2order blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Organizing Cords, Clips Crayons and Cables with Grid-It

 This is my big attempt to get back into blogging. I think when you do something for a really long time you have to work really hard to get back into it after such a long break.

No worries, I'm back and I'm going to have a lot to say, so I hope you join me on this organizing journey.

Two weeks ago, I attended the NAPO conference in (very cold) San Diego California. This was my fourth conference and for the first time ever, I made a point to spend more time in the expo seeing all the latest and greatest of organizing gear. I checked out some of my more favorite booths such as NeatCo. and the NeatDesk, Pendeflex and their new Divide It Up File Folder (which will redefine the idea of filing) but the one product that just spoke to me was the Grid-It by Cocoon Innovations. This was a new exhibitor and can I say, by far the coolest product too. They won best organizing product and for good reason.

The Grid-It is a simple concept of elastic straps on a solid but bendable surface. It holds everything you can imagine. It's rather masculine but functional so it can really work for anyone.

I was selling my fellow organizers on the idea of using it for a man's briefcase, holding kids crayons in the car side pocket all the way to your computer case and all the cords. Did I mention that it's ranges in price from $9.99 - $29.99 in every shape and size.

I believe that a specialty case for your iPad is coming this July. Cocoon Innovations is a company to watch and definitely a website to bookmark!