|free digital photos: stuart miles|
- The kids have reached the point that aren't old enough to get a summer job, and camps only go so far.
- All they want to do is plug into a screen (which we know is just no good).
- Every idea that once worked before is now lame...
So what do you do? Well, Mary and I thought it would be fun to get some of our fellow moms together (for happy hour of course) and create a strategic plan of how to survive the summer. At this wonderful late afternoon event, we identified some key points:
1. You can't have too rigid of a schedule (teens just don't like that).
2. You have to give them options (teens need that).
3. You have to have SOMETHING FOR THEM TO DO OR THEY WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY (moms need that).
So here you go ladies (and gents)... our master list of how to survive the summer. Pick and choose what works for your family. Thanks Mary for being my partner in crime... Please share with your friends. Feel free to stop by Mary's other fun Parenting site.. CAMP WHOOP A.S.S. Enjoy!
|free digital photo - by stuart miles|
create an incentive and give them a reward, it can be whatever you want but these were a few of Mary's favorites:
|free digital photos - by basketman|
offer up the options for your teen or pre-teen, give them the option of making money!
Babysitter (cool school)
Smart Phone/Tablet Tutor
All in One TV Remote Programmer
Golf Swing Videographer
Scheduling + Routine:
Sometimes (especially with the littles), you need a structure day - - try one of these fun daily tasks
|free digital photos by digitalart|
|Photo by yours truly|
Bike Twin Tunnels
Maybe you need a break! Do you need some long-term help? Consider a longer camp just days or sleepaway!
|free digital photo by khunaspix|
Family Movie Night